Universitas Gadjah Mada debaters Romario Tambunan and Indriani Pratiwi are still leading the 2014 Debater of the Year table after good results in this year's United Asian Debating Championship. The former won the 2014 UADC's English-as-Foreign-Language category while both were among the top 10 Indonesian speakers in the Asia's most prestigious tournament. Their strong run this year began when they triumphed in the national 3-on-3 championship last January.
The 2014 edition of Java Overland Varsities English Debate, the first debate tournament in Indonesia with an internationally accepted format, also contributed to the current standing. Binus International sibling debaters Melisa Irene and Wilson Salim took home the best team and individual awards from the competition, which was held in Semarang. Both of them have now slipped into the top ten of the DOTY 2014 table, which can be found below. The full list can be accessed here.
1. Romario Tambunan (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
2. Indriani Pratiwi (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
3. Melisa Irene (Binus International)
4. Roderick Sibarani (Universitas Indonesia)
5. Erwina Salsabila (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
6. Vicario Reinaldo (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
7. Alif Satria (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
8. Cindy Fransisca (Universitas Atma Jaya)
9. Wilson Salim (Binus International)
10. Magreta Kailla Adenta (Universitas Indonesia)