However, the DOTY list still incorporated the results because IDC Ma Chung did not limit participation and there were teams from 4 other provinces, rendering it into a nationwide competition.Universitas Brawijaya debaters Dungga Nur Prayogo and Nur Luthfi Hidayatullah won the tournament and their schoolmate Rasuna Rizky Utami topped the speaker tab.
Leading Indonesian debating institutions skipped the tourney because it was too close to the nationals IVED, which was held a few days before also in Malang. The situation opened a window of opportunity for new names, many little known outside East Java, to enter DOTY. This is positive for the list as it displays talent outside the western area of Java, where most of the powerhouses reside. Hopefully, these entrants will show they can also excel in future tournaments outside of their hometown.
There is an additional layer of sorting used in the lastest table. Before the last level of sorting, the alphabetical order of names, the rank in the previous month is now a consideration in order to give a little reward to consistency. Click here for the complete table. The top 10 frontrunners as of March 2012 are:
- Rifan Ibnu Rahman (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Aryo Febrian (Universitas Bakrie)
- Rendi Prahara (Universitas Padjadjaran)
- Egalita Irfan (Universitas Indonesia)
- Bramesada Prasastyoga (Universitas Indonesia)
- Ashila Reza (Universitas Padjadjaran)
- Mutiara Hapsari (Universitas Bakrie)
- Rosmiyana (Binus University)
- Rasuna Rizky Utami (Universitas Brawijaya)
- Nadiyah (Universitas Negeri Malang)