Universitas Gadjah Mada debaters Indriani Pratiwti and Romario Tambunan are still leading the 2014 IndoDebate Debater of the Year table after 5 months. They have been in the top three since they combined forces to win the Indonesian Varsities English Debate in January. Indriani bested previous leader Romario in May after reaching the final of the Atma Jaya Intervarsities. The current list also incorporated results from the Climate Change Debate, the English Fiesta competition and the National English-Arabic Olympics. It did not take into account two other competitions that concluded in May due to their limits on participation. The International Humanitarian Law debate only allowed students of International Relations to join while the National Newbies Debate Competition was a novice tournament.
For the first time this year, all top 10 speakers on the list come from the three top powerhouses that are coincidentally the leading state universities in the country - UGM, Universitas Indonesia and Institut Teknologi Bandung. Below is the top end of the DOTY 2014 list as of May. The full list can be accessed here.
1. Indriani Pratiwi (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
2. Romario Tambunan (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
3. Roderick Sibarani (Universitas Indonesia)
4. Vicario Reinaldo (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
5. Magreta Kailla Adenta (Universitas Indonesia)
6. Wida Wahyuni (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
7. Alif Satria (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
8. Aulia Anggita (Universitas Indonesia)
9. Kirana Kania (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
10. Terry Muthahhari (Universitas Indonesia)