The race to become the 2013 Debater of the Year is still wide open. Universitas Gadjah Mada's Amir Abdul Aziz leads the table for the third month but rivals are not far behind. He skipped the English Fiesta, United Asian Debating Championships and Atma Jaya IV, tournaments that contributed to the May calculations, to focus on the regional selection of the 2013 National Universities Debating Championships, which has no affect to the DOTY standing.
This has given his closest rival, Binus International's Jaran Walia, who reached the Atma Jaya IV final, a chance to cut the gap to only 5 points. Behind him, a horde follow with single-point gaps between them. While June may be a quiet month after the postponement of the main NUDC event, which both should attend, there are 4 major July competitions looming. Results from these tournaments will likely change the make-up at the top of the DOTY table. The current top 10 are as follows.
1. Amir Abdul Aziz (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
2. Jaran Walia (Binus International)
3. Alif Satria (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
4. Invi Atmanegara (Binus International)
5. Dianty Widyowati (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
6. Indriani Pratiwi (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
7. Nur Rizki Oceano (Universitas Brawijaya)
8. Vicario Reinaldo (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
9. Fauzan Reza Maulana (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
10. Zelly Sidi Zamzami (Universitas Brawijaya)