- Registration is from March 26 to April 13, 2012
- Registration should be sent to respective regional office (Kopertis Wilayah). Check with your school on this issue because there are some vagaries like Bogor, Bekasi, and Depok universities are not part of the West Java region (Wilayah IV) like other West Java-based institutions. They are put under the Jakarta and Banten region (Wilayah III).
- Registration should include personal information of 2 debaters and 1 adjudicator who will represent the university
- Debaters should be active "diploma" or "sarjana" students while adjudicators should be active students or registered lecturers
- Debaters should not be older than 27 years old
- Registration should be accompanied by a letter from the university that the registered individuals have passed some internal selection
- Foreign students are not allowed to represent university
- Names of participants cannot be changed for any reason after submission
- Regional selections will be conducted in April or May
- Each region will send 8 teams (all semifinalists) to the national round
- The national round will take place in June
Monday, April 9, 2012
NUEDC 2012: Key Registration Details
The invitation for this year's National Universities English Debating Championship caught many by surprise. Find below some key registration details of this government-run competition based on the announcement on the Indonesian education ministry's website.