Rifan Ibnu Rahman from Institut Teknologi Bandung has collected twice more points than his closest rival on the Debater of the Year 2012 table, making it almost impossible for anyone to take over his lead. His fourth and latest victory in 2012 came from the International Public Speaking and Debate Competition at Jakarta-based London School of Public Relations where he defeated a team from Asian powerhouse National University of Singapore.
The 2012 National Universities English Debating Championship was the other contributor to the current table. Their ability to win the country's largest competition has propelled champions Rosmiyana and Sabarudin Adinugroho from Binus University into the table's top ten. For the first time, 4 occupiers of the top ten come from the Binus family of schools. The two others, Invi Atmanegara and Jaran Walia from Binus International, got there after taking the EFL title at the 2012 United Asian Debating Championship in May.
The top 10 on the DOTY 2012 list as of June are:
1. Rifan Ibnu Rahman (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
2. Aryo Febrian (Universitas Bakrie)
3. Invi Atmanegara (Binus International)
4. Rosmiyana (Binus University)
5. Jane Revevalin (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
6. Cindy Fransisca (Universitas Atma Jaya)
7. Jaran Walia (Binus International)
8. Sabarudin Adinugroho (Binus University)
9. Mutiara Hapsari (Universitas Bakrie)
10. Nabila Aghniarizqa (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
Complete list can be accessed here